We all experience periods of pain in life: physical, emotional, relational and spiritual. But you don’t need to go through these trials alone. Our Care Ministries provide friendship, support and pathways forward. There is always an outstretched hand to lift you up.
Mondays, 7 p.m.
Celebrate Recovery helps people experience God’s healing power through a Christ-centered 12-step program. We meet in the Worship Center at our Kennett Campus, beginning with music and teaching before moving into various safe men’s and women’s open-share groups.
- Newcomer’s Groups for all first-time attendees (Men’s Group/Women’s Group)
- Chemical Dependency Groups (Men’s Group/Women’s Group)
- Life Issues Groups (Men’s Group/Women’s Group)
- Codependency Groups (Men’s Group/Women’s Group)
- Recovery From Abuse Groups (Women’s Group)
- Sexual Integrity Groups (Men’s Group)
- Sexual and Emotional Integrity (Women’s Group)
- Anger and Control Groups (Men’s Group)
- Food Issues Groups (Women’s Group)
We encourage you to stop by on any Monday night and see what we’re all about, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate Recovery WILL:
- Provide you a safe, confidential place to support you in whatever you’re dealing with.
- Provide you with a group of people who have gone through similar hurts, hangups or habits.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
Celebrate Recovery WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer professional clinical advice; our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.
- Judge anyone based on faith or lifestyle.
Mondays, 7-9 p.m.
The Landing is for students in sixth through 12th grade who are struggling with hurts, habits or hangups that are holding them back from being the person God created them to be. This ministry is a Christ-centered recovery program for students. We have a team of awesome leaders who have a heart for this program—and for kids. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Mondays, 7-9 p.m.
Bring your kids to Celebrate Recovery! Celebration Place is our “Pre-covery” program for newborns through fifth grade. This kid-friendly version of Celebrate Recovery is run by a paid, trained staff who help your kids grow and experience recovery principles in the same way you do. No preregistration necessary. Just bring the kids, and we’ll take it from there. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesdays, 7-9 pm, Kennett Campus
GriefShare is a small-group community whose members help each other journey from mourning to joy. The group covers a broad range of topics, including:
- Is This Normal?
- Challenges of Grief
- The Journey of Grief (Part One)
- The Journey of Grief (Part Two)
- Grief and Your Relationships
- Guilt and Anger
- Complicating Factors
- Stuck in Grief
- Lessons of Grief (Part One)
- Lessons of Grief (Part Two)
- What Do I Live For Now?
Each new session runs for 14 weeks, but you are welcome to begin GriefShare at any time. For more information, contact Denny Dunagan at email@example.com.
There are seasons in life when we seek experts to help us process our brokenness and struggles. Our pastoral staff has established relationships with the following organizations and individuals that we recommend:
The PeaceMaker Center
Downingtown – 103 Garris Road
Kennett Square – 202 S. Willow Street
West Chester – 300 Lawrence Drive
Tom Wolff Counseling Services
Bethlehem United Methodist Church
4 Westtown Road
Thornton, PA 19373
Barbara W. Shaffer Ph.D. & Associates
455 Old Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
Willowdale’s Counseling Scholarship program provides financial assistance to those in need. Complete the application here.
Other CARE Ministries
We assist those in our church and wider community with meeting basic needs such as food, clothing, housing, medical treatment, funeral expenses and counseling.
If you find yourself in a hard season of life, let us come alongside and help. Please complete the Care Fund Request Form, and someone will contact you.
Every other night for up to two weeks, we provide meals for those who’ve experienced a new birth, surgery, hospitalization or other crisis. Please submit the Meals Request Form, and we will be in touch.