Walking with God
What does it mean to walk with God? To keep in step with His Spirit? Galatians 5:25 says, “Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.” As disciples, we are called to walk with Jesus and that is what we want to do this fall. We want to adopt three simple daily disciplines: Read our bibles, take prayerful walks, and journal our thoughts each day. In doing so we hope to keep more in step with the Spirit and see His spirit grow within us. Join us as we walk with God together!
DOWNLOAD OUR DAILY DISCIPLINES OVERVIEW
Throughout this series we want our congregation to be ‘Reading, Prayerfully Walking, and Journaling’ with God. Click HERE for the Overview and Daily Reading Plan and learn what ‘Walking with God’ could look like this fall.
Daily Reading Plan
We will be reading a chapter a day (Monday – Friday) from the Gospel of Luke and Book of Acts. Use your own bible or join us online by downloading the BibleProject: Luke & Acts reading plan found on the YouVersion app.
How to find on Bible App:
- Download the YouVersion Bible App
- Click on Plans (checkmark located on the bottom of the page)
- Search for the reading plan by clicking on the magnifying glass (located in the top right corner)
- Type into the search bar “Luke and Acts”
- Select the first plan “Bible Project Luke and Acts.
- Click “Start Plan”
- Be sure to select “with friends,” this way you can do the reading plan with your friends, family, and your small group. You are able to invite up to 150 people to do the plan along with you!
- Select the start date: “Monday, September 14”
- Click on the green circle in the lower right corner to proceed to “Invite your Friends.”
- Select Friends through the App or send the link via text or email to anyone you would like to read along with you.
Tips for reading on the App:
- Start by clicking on “Devotional,” this will take you to a Bible Project video. There is not a devotional for every day of the study.
- Proceed to the next page by clicking the green circle in the lower right corner.
- You can switch between Bible versions while reading.
- At the top of the screen, you will see the chapter you are reading and the version (i.e. Luke 1 NIV)
- Click on the small grey box that says the version being used
- A drop down of all the versions available will appear
- Our Willowdale Kids team recommends that families try the New International Reader’s Version (NIRV)
- Talk it over with the friends with whom you are doing the reading plan. Click on the box that says “Write your response…” to send a message to your friends and family
- Come back later to see what they said
- You can like their message by clicking on the heart or leave a response